Position: Unity Developer
Are you a junior to mid-level Unity Developer? The Jewish Homelands project is looking for someone to help build an aesthetic VR experience. This SSHRC-funded project creates virtual worlds to imagine and imagine three historically proposed sites for Jewish homelands around the world.
- We are looking for a Junior to mid level Unity programmer to help us build an educational and aesthetic VR experience.
- Imaginary Jewish Homelands is funded by a SSHRC Research/Creation Insight Grant. It is a collaborative project led by Professor Melissa Shiff, (Research Associate, Sensorium, York University) who is the project director and lead artist, Professor Louis Kaplan (University of Toronto), historian for the project and Professor Brian Sutherland (University of Toronto), who is the project’s augmented reality developer.
- The project creates virtual worlds to image and imagine three historically proposed sites for Jewish homelands around the world.
The project utilizes Unity to create the virtual reality world
• Graduate student preferred in computer science, graphic design or equivalent, however, undergraduates will be considered depending upon skill level and demonstrated experience.
Unity skills including:
- Excellent knowledge of Unity 3D, textures and animation
- Strong coding development skills using C#
- Ability to produce clean and well documented code with a clear understanding of how design
translates to code.
- Experience with the customization and use of shaders
- Asset import: 3d digital models which will be imported into Unity to create our virtual world.
- Database coding: Our VR world consists of 3d models which are textured with hundreds of
digital archival documents. Each document will need be coded to link to an archive.
- Management of assets
- Model layout
- Generating Unity topographies.
- Previous experience working with collaborative projects recommended.
- Demonstrated initiative, creativity and ability to learn new skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Expect hours: 4-10 hours a week
Pay depending on level of experience
• Cover Letter
• Portfolio of previous work and/or links to previous work
If you are interested in this position please send the above materials to: Melissa Shiff: email@example.com
(hiring in early January)