Through six film screenings, participants are invited to discover and critically discuss business and technology in movies.
Each film covers a different aspect of the start up and technology. This is followed by a critical discussion moderated by one student and one professor from the Faculty of Information.
The location is:
Semaphore Lab, Room 1150, Robarts Library, 1st Floor
130 St. George St.
Toronto, Ontario M5S 1A5
Tentative Screening Date: January 29, 2014
The Social Network (2010) – 120 minutes, David Fincher (director)
The Ivy League social outcast as a Silicon Valley prince
Please join us for the next official MADLab Demo Scene event where we present mobile apps created by the Perioperative Interactive Education (PIE) group. The PIE group works on multiple projects aimed at improving medical education outcomes. Their work ranges from online patient simulations to three-dimensional anatomical visualizations.
This event will take place in the MADLab @ The Gerstein Science Information Centre
MAD: Demo Scene
Friday January 24, 12:30 PM-1:15PM
First Basement Level, Gerstein Science Information Centre, 9 King’s College Circle
(RSVP appreciated: firstname.lastname@example.org)
The development team will present a selection of their apps, followed by a chance for discussion with the audience.
TEE Standard Views, TEE Alternative Views, TEE Colour Doppler , TTE Standard Views, TTE FOCUS Views, POPS ACM
The MAD Lab is a student-centric facility, at the heart of the St. George campus, devoted to accelerating mobile software development at U of T. The Lab hosts equipment, collaborative workspace, user groups and workshops, and is open to U of T students, staff and faculty.
The latest version of the U of T Map App is now available on the iOS App Store. This version adds maps for UTM and UTSC.
App Store Link
Version 1.2 Includes:
- Quickly find buildings, and other areas of interest around campus.
- Use the quick search bar to find a specific building or amenity (such as car parking or a registrar’s office) easily.
- Unique location indicator tells you where you are in relation to areas of the campus map you are currently looking at.
- Enable offline use to have the application store recent versions of all map features so you can use the map without using up your data plan! (The application will download the latest map data when it is requested or when you have access to a WiFi connection.)
- Toggle between a traditional map and an annotated satellite map.